Healthcare providers and caregivers
Caring for yourself while caring for others can be lonely. Burnout is real. Let’s fix that.
Therapy and counseling for healthcare providers and other caregivers
The caregiving fields and caregivers themselves have taken an enormous hit during the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Healthcare workers were already struggling to care for themselves while caring for others and now providers across all clinical settings are feeling the impact of long hours, staffing shortages, volatile changes in patient demand, and decision making that is often driven by resource constraints rather than best care practices.
Adults in the “sandwich generation” who are navigating caring for children and aging parents also have unique struggles.
- Burnout, compassion fatigue, and vicarious trauma
- Decision fatigue
- Loss of purpose, passion, and re-examining personal values and callings
- Difficulty with caring for yourself when caring for others
- Moving from adult child to adult caregiver for aging parents
- COVID-19 exposure specific fears