LGBTQ+ and gender-affirming care
It’s possible to thrive as the fullest version of who you are. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Therapy and gender-affirming care for LGBTQ+ individuals and their loved ones
Texas can be a tough place to be an LGBTQ+ person.
I’m an accomplice and ally to the LGBTQ+ community and try to be mindful at all times of my privileged experiences as a cisgender, heterosexual white woman when working with LGBTQ+ folx.
- Sexual identity exploration
- Coming out and navigating homophobia, biphobia or transphobia in yourself and in relationships with others
- Integrating faith with sexual identity
- Healing from spiritual abuse or damage caused by faith communities
- Support for family members who may be struggling to understand and embrace their LGBTQ+ loved ones or who are coping with their own related fears, grief, and adjustments
- Gender-affirming care services
- If you’re seeking HRT, over 18, and do not intend to use insurance coverage for this service, please know that there are “informed consent clinics” in Texas that do not require a mental health provider’s letter.
- If you need a letter for insurance purposes or for your medical provider, I follow WPATH Standards of Care for documentation. I charge my standard session fee for our discussion of your letter’s content and my writing time. These letters can often be provided within one session.